Ever heard of rag curls? They are a very old way to curl your hair, my great grandmother use to do this method and when my mum told me about it, I just had to try it out! Surprisingly, they are so comfy to sleep in and the results are super bouncy and curly. (Please excuse my faces throughout the steps! It was late, I was tired and was concentrating!)
To achieve the "rags" you can either use an old t shirt or a pillow case that has no longer use. They don'y have to be neat at all and aim for around 8 inch long strips so you're able to tie the ends together. Using fabric makes it easier for you to reuse if you want to re do the hairstyle! I cut loads out because I didn't know how many I would need, but when I finished wrapping all the hair on my head I threw away the rest!
The first bit:
The rag curling bit:
2. Begin to pull the rag down
3/4) The rag must have a bit of space near the bottom for the ends to poke out of.
5) Begin to roll the hair and the rag upwards towards the roots of your hair
6) Roll to the very top and make sure that no ends of hair are sticking out
7) Tie one knot when the roll is complete
8) Then tie it once more to make a double knot
9) The double knot will secure the roll in place and it won't fall out during the night!
See you in the next blog post,