Yes I know I have already done a beach waves hair post before (which you can click here to see the other post) but you have to use the DIY spray to achieve the results. Also, the spray works best on day 2 hair and lets be honest, we don't want our freshly washed hair to contain lots of salt! I love the outcome of this overnight hairstyle, so I just had to share it with you all!
What you'll need:
- freshly washed hair (damp)
- wide tooth comb
- two hair ties
- You're going to need to start off with 3/4 dry hair. I washed mine with my usual shampoo and conditioner (it smells amazing!) and let my hair air dry until it was only fairly damp. If your hair doesn't take to shape well (i.e it doesn't curl very well) apply some mousse before starting the tutorial. Brush your hair out using a wide tooth comb to get rid of knots and prevent lots of hair coming out.
- Grab two hair bands.
- Pull your hair up on the top of your head. As you will be sleeping whilst the hairstyle is setting, you don't want it to hurt your head!
- Secure your hair in the high ponytail. Don't do it too tight as you don't want to be uncomfortable whilst sleeping!
- If the ends of your hair are a bit dry still, collect some water in your hands and dampen the ends a little to ensure that the waves will take shape!
- Begin to twist you hair in the same direction throughout the ponytail. This is what makes the waves come to life!
- Wrap the twisted ponytail around the base of the hairband.
- Make sure that the twisted ponytail is wrapped tightly around your head and ensure that there are no hairs sticking out!
- With the other hair band secure the bun on the top of your head. Wiggle your head around to make sure the bun stays!
I love this look and its so good to use for fall as it requires little effort and if it rains during the day it doesn't ruin the look!
I hope this hair tutorial has helped you out, let me know if you tried it and if it worked or not!
See you in the next blog post,