If you know me personally, then you know that having a messy bun in my hair is my "go to look!" But there are many styles out there and I have ruled them down to just 4. All the ones I will be showing you are quite simple and if I can do them, then you definitely can!
I LOVE wearing buns in my hair as they keep all the hair out of your face and feel so secure when they're in my hair! Enough of me blabbering on, let me show you the 4 styles that I've always loved wearing!
Style number one:
2) Split the ponytail into 2 sections that fall either side of your head.
3) Back comb one side until you're happy with the amount of volume you receive.
4) Repeat on the same side and hairspray to retain volume.
5) (Here's the confusing bit!) Grab both sides, then cross them over each other (like you're making an X)towards the front of the head. Then once they have been crossed over one another at the front, take both sides of hair and put them at the back of your head.
6) At the back, if you have enough hair cross them over once again.
7) Pin and secure into place!
The thing I like about this bun is that you can shape it into any thing you want because it is really manageable. But, it never turns out the same each time it's always different!
Style number two:
2) Grab your doughnut ring, as my hair is quite long mine is large!
3) Poke the ends of your hair through the middle.
4) Begin to tuck the ends of your hair UNDERNEATH the doughnut (as if you're going to poke them back through the middle.)
5) Using your thumbs, twist the doughnut and grab your hair at the same time as if you're winding it into place.
6) Continue until you reach your head
7) Loose strands? Uneven bun? Just move around pieces of hair around the doughnut. Then secure into place!
I always use this method as it stays in all day and it is so easy to take out! So many people have asked me to show them how to do this, and I guess this is the best way to show you!
Style number three:
2) Oh look, and you will need your hair doughnut once again too!
3) This time, instead of having the doughnut at the end of your ponytail place it to the base of it (basically push it down the ponytail to you head!)
4) Spread the hair over the doughnut evenly.
5) Grab a hair tie and place it over the doughnut
6)Wrap the rest of your hair around the hair tie to hide the hairband.
Style number four:
2) Twist the hair in the same direction throughout
3)Wrap the twisted section around the ponytail
4) Ensure that all ends are in place
5) Pin and secure into place and you're finished!
See you in the next blog post,